Have a question that you need an answer to? Have a request? Check out the Contact Me tab above and I'll be glad to answer any questions you may have!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

First Impression: Essence Cosmetics Stay With Me Longlasting Lipgloss

Hi everyone!

I'm back again and I finally picked up a new laptop! Woohoo! This means there will definitely be no excuses when it comes to writing more posts! Today I'm back again to show you guys my first impressions on a few lipglosses from Essence Cosmetics. Essence Cosmetics is quite new to me and these glosses are the first products I've ever tried from this company. I believe it recently came to Canada and is now exclusively available at all Shoppers Drug Marts, however, I'm pretty sure it has been available in the United States for some time now and was exclusive to Target. I haven't seen many reviews of this particular product online so I decided to give my two cents on the lipglosses. I picked up the Stay With Me Longlasting Lipglosses and they were fairly inexpensive, retailing at $2.99 CAD. I picked up three shades: #1 - Me&My Icecream, #2- My Favorite Milkshake and #7 - Kiss Kiss Kiss.
Kiss Kiss Kiss, Me&My Icecream, My Favorite Milkshake

I haven't been able to give all three colors a good test run yet but I have been able to wear Kiss Kiss Kiss out and it's quite a nice color. It's a standard red and the gloss itself is definitely not sticky. It's a very low maintenance red so if you are the type of person to not want to have to care too much about your red lips bleeding etc, then this is probably the product for you! It has an interesting shaped applicator and is different from the standard doe foot applicator. 

The applicator seems to curve sort of like an hourglass shape. The only downside that I have noticed so far is that the product seems to bunch up in the middle, making it  little bit awkward to apply the gloss to the upper lip. Application on the lower lip, though, is a breeze! 

I guess now is the time we talk a little bit about the cons, and thankfully, there aren't too many! I guess the only thing I really don't like, and it's a minor detail, is that the color name is not on the packaging itself. Instead, it's on the little white sticker/barcode, which I almost threw away before realizing that if I didn't keep it, I wouldn't know what color I was putting on my lips! 
The next thing would be that it's not quite longlasting. I think it's not a bad gloss and for $2.99 it's actually quite a good product but the longlasting claim doesn't quite hold up. But hey, for $2.99, what more could I ask for? I should probably say though, I have a bad time with lip products in general just because I have a habit of licking my lips. For this gloss though, I resisted the urge to lick my lips just to test out the wear and they lasted me until I started to eat!

All in all though, I really do enjoy these lipglosses and although they aren't the longest wearing lipglosses out there, they're not bad! They're actually one of the few lipglosses that I love playing with!

Before I finish off the post, I'll leave with a few swatches on the back of my hand and on some white paper.
Ignore the black dot :( Sorry!



Hope you guys found this review informative ! Leave comments and questions down below! I plan on doing a few product spotlights etc so if you guys want to see anything, let me know.

xo. Olivia

DISCLAIMER

All products were bought with my own money and were not provided. All opinions are my own and are always honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear what you think!